Question Mouse strange issue

Oct 23, 2020
Can somebody give me an idea how to fix this very strange issue. I built a desktop some 10 years ago: Assus motherboard, AMD FX8350 cpu...... Anyway, the computer worked fine until few month ago. Nowadays, ALMOST ALWAYS EVERY TIME (sometime it works right away, no issue!!) I turned on the computer, the mouse was undetected/frozen/not recognized ...... whatever you call it, the pointer was there, but unresponsive to the mouse (wired) movement/clicks. As soon as I unplugged and replugged, the computer recognized the mouse and worked as usual!!

Once the computer detected the mouse, everything worked as usual. I have tried 3 different mouses [mice] WITH THE SAME RESULT!!. I tried to plug the mouse to different USB ports (7,8 different ports on my desktop!!), still the same behavior!! I already checked under the Device Manager, nothing unusual!! I tried to uninstall/reinstalled the usb/mouse driver.... nothing changed!! I plugged the keyboard to these usb ports, always worked without problem. Nowadays, sometime I turned on the computer, the mouse worked right away, but that is rare......

Anybody have any ideal what is going on?? thank you

Oct 23, 2020
Self build system: Asus M5A97, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 7 professional x 64 SP1 (legit copy).
AMD FX 8320 8 cores 3.5 GHZ (stock speed, NO over clock). Keyboard and mouse are generic and no name (but already tried 3-4 different mouses, same result).
PSU: I upgraded couple years ago, forgot the brand... but it was a well regarded, well known maker. Up to 600-700 watts. The PSU is working perfect, no issue.
Only USB devices connected were keyboard and mouse.... nothing else!! No USB power hubs or anything.
The computer is using mainly for surfing internet, watching youtube, convert music SOMETIMES (Mp4, WAVE to Mp3...etc, NO GAMING!!). The computer is running perfect, no other problem except mouse undected/frozen/unrecognized at start up MOST OF THE TIMES that required unplug/replug to correct this issue. Thanks

Last edited: