[SOLVED] Mouse Stutters while Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2019
Hey,
So I've had this issue since I first got my PC about a year ago but it just seems to be getting worse and worse, pretty much while in ANY and ALL games I play my mouse isn't smooth and will either be delayed but most commonly stutter/jitter making it really hard and annoying to do things, on top of that games also seem to run quite poorly despite having high FPS constantly and rarely sometimes looks like I'm playing as low as 30FPS with 200+

If this helps at all: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/19712654

A few things to note:
  • This issue is present even with FPS over 200+
  • I do not get frame drops at all.
  • Even with my CPU and GPU usage below 50% in games the issue is still present.
  • Temperatures are fine (50C while gaming, tested with CoreTemp)
  • V-Sync is off in all games and has nothing to do with it.
  • Turning settings down in games makes a slight improvement but still obvious lag and only gaining 5-10 FPS on top of 100+ already.
  • Pretty sure all drivers are up to date.
  • I have a Steelseries Rival 600 mouse.
  • I have a 144Hz monitor (MSI)
PC Specs:
  • MSI GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X
  • Ryzen 5 1600
  • ASUS B350 Plus Motherboard
  • 24GB (Mixed 8GB HyperX Fury, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz)
  • CX 500 Power Supply
  • 250GB 960 EVO m.2 SSD
  • 2TB HDD
If you have any other questions be sure to ask them below, I hope I can finally find a fix for this issue, thanks to anyone who is able to contribute to helping.

Last edited:
Solution
Perhaps it's not mouse related then? do you get stutters if you just move around with the keyboard? Could be performance related issue. I noticed you have an odd stick of ram, try with just the 16GB (Single stick is it?) in the 2nd slot from cpu.

What does Ryzen master or cpuz say about your memory frequency? What speed are they running at? 1600MHz?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Have you tried a different mouse , pad / surface or inspected / cleaned lense? Tried mouse with generic drivers?

I know you said this has nothing to do with vsync but does your monitor have Freesync or Gsync you can try to rule out frame syncing? Or vsync set to ultra in NvidiaCP vsync options for ultra low input lag frame syncing?

Aug 29, 2019
Have you tried a different mouse , pad / surface or inspected / cleaned lense? Tried mouse with generic drivers?

I know you said this has nothing to do with vsync but does your monitor have Freesync or Gsync you can try to rule out frame syncing? Or vsync set to ultra in NvidiaCP vsync options for ultra low input lag frame syncing?
Thanks for the response,
I just tried another mouse pad but that wasn't the issue, I tried my old mouse but that wasn't the issue either and I have ensured that nothing is interfering with the mouse.

My monitor has Freesync which is off and the only vsync I know of in NvidiaCP is currently set to off

Aug 29, 2019
If you turn vsync to on does it help at all? Ignore the fact vsync has input lag for the moment. If it does help install the latest geforce drivers to get the ultra setting.
I tried using vsync but it just adds more delay and doesn't stop the stutter. Having the ultra thing on doesn't change much either.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Perhaps it's not mouse related then? do you get stutters if you just move around with the keyboard? Could be performance related issue. I noticed you have an odd stick of ram, try with just the 16GB (Single stick is it?) in the 2nd slot from cpu.

What does Ryzen master or cpuz say about your memory frequency? What speed are they running at? 1600MHz?

Solution
Aug 29, 2019

When moving around with only my keyboard there is no stutters no matter what I do but as soon as I start moving my mouse around it stutters every few seconds or so, I'm not sure whether it's the mouse specifically or something within windows which is lagging it when mouse movement happens.

I have 2x 8GB 3200Mhz Sticks (G.Skill) and 2x 4GB Sticks (HyperX) Which I believe are lower speeds.

CPUZ and Task Manager say my ram is running at 1333Mhz.
I'll remove my 4GB sticks and test with just the 16GB sticks and I'll make sure it's set to 3200Mhz in bios.

Aug 29, 2019
I took out the other sticks and set it to 3200Mhz but still stuttering when I move my mouse in game.

Also there are no stutters when I'm not playing a game so when I move my mouse on my desktop or google no stutters happen.

I reset my computer 4 months ago to remove anything useless and to see if it would fix this issue but it still happens.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Aug 29, 2019
Yeah I've done that before when my mouse completely stopped moving which is caused by the lift off distance, doesn't fix this issue sadly.

I think when I move my mouse it causes the whole game to stutter and not just the view meaning my mouse would have to be causing something, I watched task manager and nothing rises when I move my mouse and my FPS doesn't change either.

Aug 29, 2019
Hmm weird one. You're not lifting the mouse slightly without realising?
Yeah I couldn't find anything on google or anything and I don't accidentally lift up my mouse either, I feel like it could be my CPU as well since games that rely on CPU more seem to stutter more but I don't see why it would be my CPU as there is nothing indicating that it's damaged and it's done it forever.

I'm going to upgrade my PC around Christmas hopefully, so if I don't find a fix hopefully that will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS