kubatbg11

Prominent
Sep 30, 2018
MOBO: AsRock Z370 Pro4
CPU:Intel i7 8700
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000mhz CL15
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
PSU: EVGA G3 650W
A few days ago my mouse has become faster than before. I've got Steelseries Rival 600. I disabled enhance mouse precision in Windows and all accelerations in Steelseries software. Im not sure if it happend after windows update or not. I reinstalled my Windows and restored BIOS to factory settings and it didn't help. I also checked another Rival 600 from my friend and its the same.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS.

"I disabled enhance mouse precision in Windows and all accelerations in Steelseries software. " Was that before or after the mouse began moving faster?

What particular problem is being created by a faster mouse?

Mouse drivers: were they downloaded via the manufacturer's website and are up-to-date?

May have been some update or patch the brought the mouse up to the speed that it should have been....

kubatbg11

Prominent
Sep 30, 2018
Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS.

"I disabled enhance mouse precision in Windows and all accelerations in Steelseries software. " Was that before or after the mouse began moving faster?

What particular problem is being created by a faster mouse?

Mouse drivers: were they downloaded via the manufacturer's website and are up-to-date?

May have been some update or patch the brought the mouse up to the speed that it should have been....
I disabled all accelerations before mosue began moving faster.
The problem is ,that mouse is moving faster and it feels weird. I had to lower my sensitivity 2 times in game and still it feels faster. The mouse feels fast when im doing small movements. It is really hard to aim now.

I updated my all drivers which I downloaded from steelseries.com.

Ralston18

Titan
The intent is not to disable the options in Game Mode or Gaming bar but to check them.

More specifically:

"WIN" + "I" > Ease of Access > Mouse > Change other mouse options > Additional mouse options > Mouse Properties Window > Pointer options

Adjust mouse speed.

Shortcut: Type "mouse speed" into the "Type here to search box".

kubatbg11

Prominent
Sep 30, 2018
The intent is not to disable the options in Game Mode or Gaming bar but to check them.

More specifically:

"WIN" + "I" > Ease of Access > Mouse > Change other mouse options > Additional mouse options > Mouse Properties Window > Pointer options

Adjust mouse speed.

Shortcut: Type "mouse speed" into the "Type here to search box".
I always use 6/11 mouse pointer speed

Ralston18

Titan
Have you experimented with other settings?

6/11 may no longer be viable per se due to hardware and driver changes.

Just make small, one at a time changes, reboot as necessary, and test the mouse in a consistent manner; for example play the game where the sudden speeds are most predominant.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS