[SOLVED] mouse suddenly moves sometimes.

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
hi there. so im having a problem with my wireless ksnake bm600 mouse.
sometimes when i play games or im trying to edit, my suddenly moves. like when i play valorant in worst situations i suddenly look at the sky coz my mouse moved!
there's any solution for that?
also im using windows 11 that might cause the problem?
thank you

Solution
Try to find/borrow two or three other known working mice of any make and model to test on your system.

Objective being to determine if the problems continue and, if so, under what circumstances: gaming, not gaming for example.

If there are no problems with other mice then my belief is that the ksnake mouse and/or charger have been somehow damaged.

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
Is this a laptop?
Have you cleaned the area around the LED/laser on the underside of the mouse and on the surface you are using the mouse on?
Is the surface shiny/reflective at all?
im using desktop computer. i tried cleaning the mouse led and sensor, mouse pad tried using lower DPI, re-installed drivers.
non of them worked

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
It is possible it could be some type of software glitch. On both my old pc and my newly built pc, completely separate machine, parts, mouse and even mouse pad, my mouse pointer will sometimes move maybe one pixel every now and then. Obviously it's not as bad as yours, but when watching youtube, this will constantly bring up the video ui. Most of the time it stops after I move the mouse again, but it will happen again soon after. I'm at a loss of what it could be.

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
It is possible it could be some type of software glitch. On both my old pc and my newly built pc, completely separate machine, parts, mouse and even mouse pad, my mouse pointer will sometimes move maybe one pixel every now and then. Obviously it's not as bad as yours, but when watching youtube, this will constantly bring up the video ui. Most of the time it stops after I move the mouse again, but it will happen again soon after. I'm at a loss of what it could be.
thanks for replying.
maybe i dont know, its so annoying especially when im playing shooters or OSU

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
That's as expected when you no really replace or do any actual changes.

Does the behavior change when no drivers are installed, exept general OS mouse support ?
Does it change if you install an older/different version of the driver ?
i dunno where i can find an older version of driver. i bought this mouse 8 month ago. the first 6 month mouse was working just fine

Ralston18

Titan
Where is the mouse dongle plugged into the desktop?

Try using a USB extension cable to move the dongle away from the desktop computer case and up to a higher/closer location.

= = = =

Is it possible to try the mouse on another known working computer?

Or try another known working wireless mouse on your computer?

Determine if the ghost movements follow the mouse or stay with the computer.

Could also be some corrupt or buggy files involved.

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters - the troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
Where is the mouse dongle plugged into the desktop?

Try using a USB extension cable to move the dongle away from the desktop computer case and up to a higher/closer location.

= = = =

Is it possible to try the mouse on another known working computer?

Or try another known working wireless mouse on your computer?

Determine if the ghost movements follow the mouse or stay with the computer.

Could also be some corrupt or buggy files involved.

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters - the troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central
tried on another computer, tried using usb extension cable, all files checked and they're just fine. still having the issue. however, when i used a USB extension cable, mouse sometimes unlike sudden moves, barely moves. like my cursor would stop sometimes.
sadly i dont have another wireless mouse.

Ralston18

Titan
And I will go a bit further and wonder if the rechargeable battery is either not able to fully recharge or not getting the power to properly do so.

How are you recharging the mouse now?

Can you try recharging the mouse via another computer or an independently powered USB hub?

Any mouse warranty left?

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
And I will go a bit further and wonder if the rechargeable battery is either not able to fully recharge or not getting the power to properly do so.

How are you recharging the mouse now?

Can you try recharging the mouse via another computer or an independently powered USB hub?

Any mouse warranty left?
im using an old phone charger for recharging the mouse. my mouse battery dies faster than before.

Ralston18

Titan
Regarding:

"im using an old phone charger for recharging the mouse. my mouse battery dies faster than before".

Why are you using the old phone charger? From what phone?

Two concerns: 1) the charger may not truly be a good match for the mouse's recharging specs and, 2) "old" - the charger may not be properly working.

Understand that you may be in a situation where you have no other choice. However, a mismatch between the target mouse battery and the charger could be bringing the mouse battery (and maybe the mouse itself) to a premature EOL (End of Life).

In general I have such concerns when I see products listed as "universal" or "fits all" chargers. That could be limited to the fact that the necessary plugs and ports match.

Google "Can I charge mouse with phone charger?" And you can revise the search criteria as necessary to target the results.

I found quite a number of links. For example:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/stqnu9/can_you_charge_mouse_with_a_phone_charger_plugged/

Also: Is the mouse being used while being recharged? That may be another concern/problem.

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
Regarding:

"im using an old phone charger for recharging the mouse. my mouse battery dies faster than before".

Why are you using the old phone charger? From what phone?

Two concerns: 1) the charger may not truly be a good match for the mouse's recharging specs and, 2) "old" - the charger may not be properly working.

Understand that you may be in a situation where you have no other choice. However, a mismatch between the target mouse battery and the charger could be bringing the mouse battery (and maybe the mouse itself) to a premature EOL (End of Life).

In general I have such concerns when I see products listed as "universal" or "fits all" chargers. That could be limited to the fact that the necessary plugs and ports match.

Google "Can I charge mouse with phone charger?" And you can revise the search criteria as necessary to target the results.

I found quite a number of links. For example:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/stqnu9/can_you_charge_mouse_with_a_phone_charger_plugged/

Also: Is the mouse being used while being recharged? That may be another concern/problem.
i searched up. seems we can charge mouse with a 5v phone charger.
another thing is i use my mouse while charging (when battery dies) is that bad for mouse?

Ralston18

Titan
Yes: it may seem that you can do so (use a 5v phone charger) but that does not mean that you should and that there will not be some bad side effects.
Maybe not immediately.... Could gradually get worse (or has gotten worse) to the point that problems appear.

And as for using the mouse while the battery is charging you must refer to the manufacturer's mouse documentation as to whether or not to use the mouse while recharging. Plus if you are not using the correct charger then who knows what all may be going wrong and making the problem worse.

It could be bad for both battery and mouse., Especially if battery and/or mouse get hot.

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
Yes: it may seem that you can do so (use a 5v phone charger) but that does not mean that you should and that there will not be some bad side effects.
Maybe not immediately.... Could gradually get worse (or has gotten worse) to the point that problems appear.
so thats why im having this problem for like two months. thank you.

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021

And as for using the mouse while the battery is charging you must refer to the manufacturer's mouse documentation as to whether or not to use the mouse while recharging. Plus if you are not using the correct charger then who knows what all may be going wrong and making the problem worse.

It could be bad for both battery and mouse., Especially if battery and/or mouse get hot.
then there's no way to fix it?

Ralston18

Titan
I am unable to say if there is a way to fix it or not. Not sure what the underlying problem may be.

However, provided that I am following correctly, if the problems began two months ago when you started using the phone charger then the mouse, etc. may now be beyond repair.

It would be nice if there is/was some way to replace the mouse's existing rechargeable battery and/or test using some other charger.

Plus, after reading back a bit:

"while playing any shooter games, playing osu, while using premiere mouse moves by its own. not any other apps "

Is that still happening: i.e., the mouse only moves on its own when playing shooter games but not when being used for other apps?

Does the mouse get warm/hot when playing shooter apps and not when being used for other less intensive games or non-gaming apps?

TRENDING THREADS