Question Mouse turns off every once in a while

sa.ceggm

Honorable
Feb 8, 2019
Good day.

I am having some trouble with my mouse, which only started a couple of days ago: it turns on for a second or two after being plugged in (no cursor though) then turns off for good, but sometimes it works just fine. My keyboard and external hard drive seems to work fine all the time, I even tried unplugging them and only keep the mouse but no luck.
I've tried a couple of different mouses now, all from working stations, but I've always had the same problem. I've tried checking for updates on the pilot today (using keyboard only) and it says that the pilot is up to date.

Any idea what might be causing this?

You could check the Control Panel Power Options to make sure everything is set to maximum power. You could then check the Device Manager settings for every device and usb port involved with mice. The Device Manager Power Management tab is sometimes set to allow the computer to turn off devices to save power, which is something you wouldn't want to do with a mouse.

sa.ceggm

Honorable
Feb 8, 2019
You could check the Control Panel Power Options to make sure everything is set to maximum power. You could then check the Device Manager settings for every device and usb port involved with mice. The Device Manager Power Management tab is sometimes set to allow the computer to turn off devices to save power, which is something you wouldn't want to do with a mouse.
Thank you for your response. I've checked everything that you have mentioned and all seems to be fine. It must be something else triggering it