Mouse Turns On for a Half Second, Then Turns Off...

Apr 21, 2018
When I turn on my mouse, I see the light on the bottom turn on for a half a second then turn off. It's not the batteries, as I replaced them earlier. It isnt the PC either, because it does the same thing when it is and when it isn't connected to my computer. I'm not sure what to do to fix this. Should I simply buy a new mouse..?

(I did try to remove and put back tne batteries, but it's clearly a deeper issue...)

Solution
If it is a wireless mouse, then re-initiate the link from the mouse to the USB dongle. If the mouse is wired, try another USB port.

It may also be the driver, you can download and install the driver from the mouse manufacturer website.

If neither of those work and the batteries are fine, then it is probably time for a new mouse.
If it is a wireless mouse, then re-initiate the link from the mouse to the USB dongle. If the mouse is wired, try another USB port.

It may also be the driver, you can download and install the driver from the mouse manufacturer website.

If neither of those work and the batteries are fine, then it is probably time for a new mouse.

Solution