Mouse / Video / Audio Lag on New PC

aaron_davies3

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
Hi all,

So i just built a new PC and have found that moving my mouse causes bad stuttering, also watching videos / listening to them causes stutter too (sometimes no sound at all).

The CPU usage is at 0% and i can't seem to find any programs causing this ( as its a new build there arent any on there).

Any suggestions? :)

Solution
evga has its own driver program for its cards, install it might solve some issues.
dont use chrome web browser.

task manager
perfromance tab
resource monitor button
disk tab > if disk use has dropped from 100% and is now rw at 100kb/s (system should bearound 100k/s) then youre within windows operational cycles. else see what program is using your disk and kill it.
cpu tab > if you select 'cpu' between threads and average, see what files are using your cpu time, you might be able to find the cause of your stutters ...
finally memory tab > hard faults. this can show you the programs/files that are causing errors (resulting in slow down as the program file has to be re-read every fault) - update/remove dodgy programs.

install...

aaron_davies3

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017

CPU X series - i7 7740x
GPU - 1080Ti EVGA
MObo - TUF X299
RAM - 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM 3100 i believe
PSU - Thermaltake 850 LED modular
SSD: Samsung 250g
HDD: ?? not too sure sorry

aaron_davies3

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
DISK 1 (SSD) Windows is on this disk, its always on 100% usage in the Task Manager! Please anyone got suggestions on how to fix this :D

I have already disabled Super and Pre fetch, no change

aaron_davies3

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017

Its a fresh install, its got no programs on it and superfetch / prefetch is disabled,

How would i tell?

Not to be rude but you're just stating the obvious (theres an issue, fix it)

aaron_davies3

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
So the SSD has no longer been locked at 100%, (randomly stopped) but the lag continues (Audio, Video, Mouse as well) all of them are stuttering like crazy without me doing anyrhing

aaron_davies3

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017

Sadly (as i now have NO idea) the SSD is no longer on 100% but my whole system continues to stutter, any more help would be greatly appreciated !

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
evga has its own driver program for its cards, install it might solve some issues.
dont use chrome web browser.

task manager
perfromance tab
resource monitor button
disk tab > if disk use has dropped from 100% and is now rw at 100kb/s (system should bearound 100k/s) then youre within windows operational cycles. else see what program is using your disk and kill it.
cpu tab > if you select 'cpu' between threads and average, see what files are using your cpu time, you might be able to find the cause of your stutters ...
finally memory tab > hard faults. this can show you the programs/files that are causing errors (resulting in slow down as the program file has to be re-read every fault) - update/remove dodgy programs.

install antivirus etc ... you dont want any nasties on your new pc.

now im sure you have already checked that your ram is seated in the correct configuration slots (*important)? everything is seated securely? bios settings etc? power from the psu is securely plugged into your mobo/gtx/etc ?

Solution

aaron_davies3

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017

So all task manager views have very low to no usage showing (0-10% range) so all looks healthy. Cant be a virus as its a brand new build, put together like 3 days ago and only really booting today (had an initial problem of a windows automatic repair stuck loop where it would never repair so did a fresh install). I have some people saying its a CPU issue as its OS lag, but i believe it could be my MOBO as its lagging on all fronts (video, audio and mouse/keyboard etc). Is there anyway to narrow my issue down as the system technically is running without any error however, visually / audio / response in mouse is really bad.

aaron_davies3

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017

In work currently so will report tomorrow morning on whether that made a difference. Windows seems to function fine so im thinking safemode wont change the lag but i will definitely give it a go and reply to you tomorrow :D