[SOLVED] Move CPU and Graphics card from prebuilt desktop to a new cabinet

Oct 27, 2021
Hi,

I have bought some new components (PSU, SSD and Ram) for my prebuilt PC. However, when starting to remove the existing PSU I found it very hard to do so due to the weird wiring... I have read some articles about prebuilt PC's having some special cables, meaning that I wouldn't be able to just switch cabinets.

Is this likely to be the case or can I easily switch the cabinet and make it all functioning?

Solution
I found a solution! But thanks anyway.

I have a follow-up question though... Can it really be true that the fan in the PSU should face downwards? I have the Cooler Master V550 V2
If it's on top than for sure, if it's at the bottom of the case than only if there's an opening for air at case's bottom under it.
Hi,

I have bought some new components (PSU, SSD and Ram) for my prebuilt PC. However, when starting to remove the existing PSU I found it very hard to do so due to the weird wiring... I have read some articles about prebuilt PC's having some special cables, meaning that I wouldn't be able to just switch cabinets.

Is this likely to be the case or can I easily switch the cabinet and make it all functioning?
Hi

which prebuilt are you trying to move? (specs, model)

Not all prebuilts have a "standard" mobo and psu

Oct 27, 2021
I found a solution! But thanks anyway.

I have a follow-up question though... Can it really be true that the fan in the PSU should face downwards? I have the Cooler Master V550 V2