[SOLVED] Move Origin from OS drive to another drive?

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
I have Origin which is the host program for Madden 19 and 20 that I use liberally. It takes up 90GB of my 250 GB OS SSD. Since it takes up so much room on my OS primary SSD, I was curious how I move it to another drive and still maintain my current franchise information.

Solution
I have Origin which is the host program for Madden 19 and 20 that I use liberally. It takes up 90GB of my 250 GB OS SSD. Since it takes up so much room on my OS primary SSD, I was curious how I move it to another drive and still maintain my current franchise information.

Are you talking about the origin launcher? If so then I think you're installing your games on the C drive. You can change this. You don't have to migrate Origin, just the games and their install directory. Simply go to the settings and look for the option in the menu tabs to change installation directory for your games. You probably won't be able to migrate your games, so you'll have to reinstall it, but uninstalling doesn't remove your saves. They remain in...

Are you talking about the origin launcher? If so then I think you're installing your games on the C drive. You can change this. You don't have to migrate Origin, just the games and their install directory. Simply go to the settings and look for the option in the menu tabs to change installation directory for your games. You probably won't be able to migrate your games, so you'll have to reinstall it, but uninstalling doesn't remove your saves. They remain in your Documents folder. So when you reinstall it should still have the saves.

Solution