Question Move the front intake fan to the top but keep it as intake as before. Is there any reason to be worried?

Muhammad Jahid

Commendable
Jun 4, 2020
I had two casing fans, One at front as intake and the other at back as exhaust. But recently I removed the front intake fan and moved it to the top but kept it as intake as before. The change is made because I was bothered with the led light of the fan as I couldn't focus on my work at night.
I know that the hot air rises and it's better to set the top fan as exhaust.

But the fan in both condition (front/top) remains as intake. I just only changed the position. So is there any reason to be worried?

Mostly you are going to have to check you temps and see if they are any different. It also greatly depends on your case.

Does the fan have a separate cable for the led.

My solution for led I dislike is paint. You can get nail polish with a nice little brush that works well from the dollar store.

Muhammad Jahid

Commendable
Jun 4, 2020
Mostly you are going to have to check you temps and see if they are any different. It also greatly depends on your case.

Does the fan have a separate cable for the led.

My solution for led I dislike is paint. You can get nail polish with a nice little brush that works well from the dollar store.
There is no noticeable change in temps. and the fans have no separate cable for the led. The leds can't be controlled or off by the setting.

I had two casing fans, One at front as intake and the other at back as exhaust. But recently I removed the front intake fan and moved it to the top but kept it as intake as before. The change is made because I was bothered with the led light of the fan as I couldn't focus on my work at night.
I know that the hot air rises and it's better to set the top fan as exhaust.

But the fan in both condition (front/top) remains as intake. I just only changed the position. So is there any reason to be worried?
Basic rule is in at the bottom out at the top.

If you change that and your temps stay good your good.