Moved into a new case with new cpu cooling. Fans and LEDs turn on, GPU also. But no display or beep for boot? [Solved]

Jul 29, 2018
So hello everyone.

Yesterday i have taken apart my system from my old case to build it again into my new case and decided to get an AIO cooler (Cooler Master Masterliquid 240) for my cpu with it since the whole idea was to aim for better airflow and cooling. I was using the Wraith Ryzen stockcooling before.
While changing the CPU cooling i did not take my CPU out of the socket. I cleaned it and installed the AIO later on.

The system was working completely fine in the old case and the problem i'm running into now within the new case is that once turned on, the fans start spinning (case fans, radiator fans, even gpu fans) and the LEDs work on them. But there is no beep sound indicating a boot and there is no display to be seen. Another weird thing is also that using the power button these fans do start, but after that the power button on the case doesn't do anything anymore and i've got to shut it off using the PSU switch.

My specs :

Mobo : MSI B350m Gaming Pro (Updated to the last bios version around 2 months ago)
Ram : Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb 3200Mhz
CPU : Ryzen 5 1600
CPU cooler : Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 AIO (Upgraded from the Wraith Ryzen stockcooling)
GPU : Geforce GTX 1060 Armor 6gb
PSU : Corsair VS550
HDD : Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Case : Fractal Design Focus G (Upgraded from a more budget Sharkoon case)

So how i've done my fan management is : The 4-pin pump into the cpu_fan header. Then i've used an Y-splitter to connect both radiator fans to the sys_fan1 header. And i am using sys_fan2 for my exhaust fan in the back. The 2 fans in the front are connected with molex to 3-pin connectors since i didn't have any fan headers left.

What i've done till now :

I have checked or done the following things :
-Switch around my ram modules in their slots.
-Reseat my graphics card
-Use another graphics card (didn't change anything)
-Clear CMOS
-Removed the CMOS battery and placed it back in carefully
-Did a check on if all connections were done in the correct way.
-Pulled out my hair not knowing what to do anymore at this point.

If any of you guys have an idea what a next step would be to try, i would love to hear it. Alot of thanks in advance.

TLDR My system turns on but only the fans spin and the leds work, no beeps and no display.

I've also went through the checklist found here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1893016/post-system-boot-video-output-troubleshooting-checklist.html

Solution

If the only difference is the new case, then I would say there is some issue with the wired connections to the MB, or possibly the MB standoffs allowing an inadvertent ground. You might also check the CPU because if...
Jul 29, 2018

I got a pretty much to call it positive answer to almost all the steps. The only things i didn't do was remove the cpu out of the socket to see if any pin was bend since i thought just leaving it in there and installing a new cooler would do the job. I did follow manuals again for the frontpanel connectors for example just to be sure. For the rest i didn't test my psu with a digital multimeter so i would have to search around for that. What's left is breadboarding that i didn't do yet. Thanks for the fast reply btw!

If the only difference is the new case, then I would say there is some issue with the wired connections to the MB, or possibly the MB standoffs allowing an inadvertent ground. You might also check the CPU because if you had any trouble getting the old cooler off, it is possible that pins were bent, even if you didn't totally remove the CPU from the motherboard.

Solution
Jul 29, 2018

I will check the wires one more time and see if that helps out. Also i will remove the motherboard to see if the stand offs are installed right because i'm actually getting scared now that one might be in the wrong place and causing trouble haha. I will also check the pins of the CPU just to make sure these aren't bend! Thanks alot for the quick replies and i will for sure come back with hopefully it being fixed or anything i've noticed doing these steps :D

Jul 29, 2018
So i've discovered that there was actually a motherboard stand placed under my motherboard where it didn't belong causing shorts and so causing my whole problem. I feel kinda dumb that i've overlooked this but my problem is fixed! everything works fine now and i'm glad it does :D

Glad you got it working!

Enjoy!