[SOLVED] moved my pc into other room nothing works now

jxir2x

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019
i built this pc earlier today was working fine booted into windows all my components were showing up but when i moved it into my own room it wouldn’t turn on anymore no strip lights no fan lights no fan movement only the peripherals were blinking

Solution
Maybe check the manual for the keyboard and mouse to see what the blinking might mean.

Anyway..
You can try unplugging everything from the in between the PSU and the I/O switch on the case and replugging it. or go further and unplug absolutely everything and replugging.

You can also go straight to the assumption that something's wrong with the hardware (EDIT: cross-out Don't plug anything into the motherboard for this you just want to hear beeps right now.). The most definite way would be if you have an different working PC:

For the switch:
Plug the new cases switch into the old motherboard.

For the PSU:
Use the new PSU in the old PC in place of the old PSU.

For the Motherboard:
Connect the new motherboard to the old PSU and...
this might be a stupid question , when you picked up the pc to move it did you catch the psu switch on the back of the case and turn it off. Even with it turned of the residual voltage that finds its way down the earth plug pin can make your peripheral lights blink.... thats why your phone still works during a power cut.

msimsin

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
Okay so you're in the room where it worked before at the outlet it worked before and you've check the PSU switch is set to the I. Next open the PC and check that everything is connect to the PSU properly especially the 24pin to the motherboard.

msimsin

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
So all you need to get the BIOS running so it at least beeps should be the PSU the Motherboard and a switch. Somethings wrong either with one of these three or the connection between them.

You said "peripherals were blinking" what exactly are you talking about.

msimsin

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
Wow... Okay try unplugging the PC from the outlet for a minute and remove all other connections to the PC (The mouse, keyboard, LAN, HDMI/Displayport) then plug it in and try and turn it on.