[SOLVED] Movie and Gaming TV

Filipe Mata

Reputable
Mar 10, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a new TV but I can't figure out which should I choose. In most eletronic retailers they dont have a full list with the specs of each display.

I am looking for a 4k HDR Smart TV, 60Hz(or+), under 30 ms latency, OLED and with good amount of video inputs. One extra feature is maybe dolby vision but that is not a must have.
Size isn't important anything above 40 inches does the trick. Mostly for movies and console Gaming..

My budget is around 500€-700€

PS: Normaly I search for PC hardware in PCPartPicker. Is there any similar site for Smart TV or other type of eletronics?

Solution
The cheapest thing I can find on Amazon that could potentially meet your needs in your price range is this.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07Q623JJT

It has a game mode (like all modern TV's) but as for how much it reduces latency I cannot say.

But it shouldn't be all that bad.

Something you should be aware of with modern TV's like this, is that even when you enable game mode in settings, you still need to go in and disable all extra picture settings so that only the base 6 are left.

The base 6 are:
Brightness
Contrast
Sharpness
Tint
Color
Backlight

Any other settings in both the standard picture menu and the advanced picture menu should be disabled.
Otherwise it will introduce latency because it's trying to process the incoming...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
The cheapest thing I can find on Amazon that could potentially meet your needs in your price range is this.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07Q623JJT

It has a game mode (like all modern TV's) but as for how much it reduces latency I cannot say.

But it shouldn't be all that bad.

Something you should be aware of with modern TV's like this, is that even when you enable game mode in settings, you still need to go in and disable all extra picture settings so that only the base 6 are left.

The base 6 are:
Brightness
Contrast
Sharpness
Tint
Color
Backlight

Any other settings in both the standard picture menu and the advanced picture menu should be disabled.
Otherwise it will introduce latency because it's trying to process the incoming image to make it supposedly better looking, which is fine for TV shows and movies, but not for gaming.

Also, turning off the option for enhancing the frame rate (settings is called TrueMotion or MotionFlow or whatever for different brands) along with some other minor settings for "enhancing" the quality, will result in removing that soap opera effect you see in TV's nowadays since those are the settings that typically make it look like that.

Last edited:
Solution