Why won't XP Media recognize firewire connection? I'm trying to copy from a
MiniDV tape. When I select "capture video" I get the error message "A
capture device was not detected". What do I need to do to get this thing to
recognize my video?

This is a brand new machine for me, so maybe I missed something on the
initial set-up???

Thanks!

Is the camcorder turned on and in VCR mode and connected to an external
power source?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Daryl29" <Daryl29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why won't XP Media recognize firewire connection? I'm trying to copy from
> MiniDV tape. When I select "capture video" I get the error message "A
> capture device was not detected". What do I need to do to get this thing
> recognize my video?
>
> This is a brand new machine for me, so maybe I missed something on the
> initial set-up???
>
> Thanks!

Yes. I'm in playback mode on the camcorder, AC adapter, and the firewire is
connected to the 1394 port. I've tried restarting with the camcoeder
connected, not connected, turned on, turned off... you name it. I've gone to
the device manager & verified the 1394 driver is instaled & opperating
properly as well. I have also installed all the drivers that came with the
camera.

Very frustrating...

Daryl