geoff

When I go to Microsoft's site for this program I read that it needs to be
downloaded with SP2. Now, my o/s (Win XP Pro SP2) and Office 2003 has all
the latest updates completed (no failures). Why and how would I download SP2
with Movie Maker 2.1 when I already have SP2? How can I download Movie maker
2.1 on its own?

Try here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx

"Geoff" wrote:

> When I go to Microsoft's site for this program I read that it needs to be
> downloaded with SP2. Now, my o/s (Win XP Pro SP2) and Office 2003 has all
> the latest updates completed (no failures). Why and how would I download SP2
> with Movie Maker 2.1 when I already have SP2? How can I download Movie maker
> 2.1 on its own?

If you have SP2, you have Movie Maker 2.1, so I don't understand what you
are asking. Why are you trying to download it again when you already have
it?

Tom
"Geoff" <geoffb41@nospamozemail.com.au> wrote in message
| When I go to Microsoft's site for this program I read that it needs to be
| downloaded with SP2. Now, my o/s (Win XP Pro SP2) and Office 2003 has all
| the latest updates completed (no failures). Why and how would I download
SP2
| with Movie Maker 2.1 when I already have SP2? How can I download Movie
maker
| 2.1 on its own?

geoff

Thanks parkman - tried that. You will note on the right hand side of that
page it states that .."Movie Maker 2.1 is available for download with
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)." :-(

"parkman1947" <parkman1947@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Try here:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx
>
> "Geoff" wrote:
>
>> When I go to Microsoft's site for this program I read that it needs to be
>> downloaded with SP2. Now, my o/s (Win XP Pro SP2) and Office 2003 has all
>> the latest updates completed (no failures). Why and how would I download
>> SP2
>> with Movie Maker 2.1 when I already have SP2? How can I download Movie
>> maker
>> 2.1 on its own?

geoff

Fair comment Tom - but I don't see the program anywhere on my computer. I
have SP2 on a CD (which was downloaded from the internet) and I do not see
any reference to Movie Maker on the disk, either. ???

"Tom Pepper Willett" <tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote in message
> If you have SP2, you have Movie Maker 2.1, so I don't understand what you
> are asking. Why are you trying to download it again when you already have
> it?
>
> Tom
> "Geoff" <geoffb41@nospamozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> | When I go to Microsoft's site for this program I read that it needs to
> be
> | downloaded with SP2. Now, my o/s (Win XP Pro SP2) and Office 2003 has
> all
> | the latest updates completed (no failures). Why and how would I download
> SP2
> | with Movie Maker 2.1 when I already have SP2? How can I download Movie
> maker
> | 2.1 on its own?

Geoff:

Mine is located at Start | All Programs | Accessories | Windows Movie Maker

| Fair comment Tom - but I don't see the program anywhere on my computer. I
| have SP2 on a CD (which was downloaded from the internet) and I do not see
| any reference to Movie Maker on the disk, either. ???
|

| "Tom Pepper Willett" <tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote in message
| > If you have SP2, you have Movie Maker 2.1, so I don't understand what
you
| > are asking. Why are you trying to download it again when you already
have
| > it?
| >
| > Tom
| > "Geoff" <geoffb41@nospamozemail.com.au> wrote in message
| > | When I go to Microsoft's site for this program I read that it needs to
| > be
| > | downloaded with SP2. Now, my o/s (Win XP Pro SP2) and Office 2003 has
| > all
| > | the latest updates completed (no failures). Why and how would I
download
| > SP2
| > | with Movie Maker 2.1 when I already have SP2? How can I download Movie
| > maker
| > | 2.1 on its own?
| > |
| > |