I just bought a Sony Handycam, I can import from the cam and edit with no
issues. The video plays wonderfully from my copmuter. When I burn it to a
CD and play it on my pc or DVD player the Video is slightly choppy with much
lower resulution. I'm gone through some many CD's practicing with burning to
different formats ie. AV-AVI, High qual for local playback, High Qual Large.
It seems I've tried them all... What am I missing?
Also I'm using a fire cable for the transfer.

If you burn it to a CD, all you are making is a VCD or an SVCD... resolution
is by default MUCH lower than if you bought a DVD burner and made a DVD.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Fustrated!!!!" <Fustrated!!!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a Sony Handycam, I can import from the cam and edit with no
> issues. The video plays wonderfully from my copmuter. When I burn it to
> CD and play it on my pc or DVD player the Video is slightly choppy with
> much
> lower resulution. I'm gone through some many CD's practicing with burning
> different formats ie. AV-AVI, High qual for local playback, High Qual
> Large.
> It seems I've tried them all... What am I missing?
> Also I'm using a fire cable for the transfer.

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Movie Maker does just copies the WMV/AVi directly to a data CD with some
menu application. (This is not a standard VCD/SVCD).

Mr "Frsutrated!!!!" you seem to be sufferring from a slow IDE channel
connecting your CD drive to the computer. Is DMA mode enabled for this
drive?
http://www.onthegosoft.com/dma_setting_nt.htm

--
Rehan
MS MVP -- Digital Media

> If you burn it to a CD, all you are making is a VCD or an SVCD...
> resolution is by default MUCH lower than if you bought a DVD burner and
> made a DVD.
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "Fustrated!!!!" <Fustrated!!!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I just bought a Sony Handycam, I can import from the cam and edit with no
>> issues. The video plays wonderfully from my copmuter. When I burn it to
>> CD and play it on my pc or DVD player the Video is slightly choppy with
>> much
>> lower resulution. I'm gone through some many CD's practicing with
>> burning to
>> different formats ie. AV-AVI, High qual for local playback, High Qual
>> Large.
>> It seems I've tried them all... What am I missing?
>> Also I'm using a fire cable for the transfer.

Rehan, Thank you for the responce. I followed the link you gave me and it
seems that DMA mode is enabled. Any other suggestions??

"Rehan" wrote:

> Movie Maker does just copies the WMV/AVi directly to a data CD with some
> menu application. (This is not a standard VCD/SVCD).
>
> Mr "Frsutrated!!!!" you seem to be sufferring from a slow IDE channel
> connecting your CD drive to the computer. Is DMA mode enabled for this
> drive?
> http://www.onthegosoft.com/dma_setting_nt.htm
>

> --
> Rehan
> MS MVP -- Digital Media
> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> > If you burn it to a CD, all you are making is a VCD or an SVCD...
> > resolution is by default MUCH lower than if you bought a DVD burner and
> > made a DVD.
> > --
> > Cari
> > (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
> >
> > "Fustrated!!!!" <Fustrated!!!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I just bought a Sony Handycam, I can import from the cam and edit with no
> >> issues. The video plays wonderfully from my copmuter. When I burn it to
> >> CD and play it on my pc or DVD player the Video is slightly choppy with
> >> much
> >> lower resulution. I'm gone through some many CD's practicing with
> >> burning to
> >> different formats ie. AV-AVI, High qual for local playback, High Qual
> >> Large.
> >> It seems I've tried them all... What am I missing?
> >> Also I'm using a fire cable for the transfer.

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Hmmm. I think Cari's original response was on the right track... :-(

Need more information about how are you making the CD? What software and
settings are you using?