When I connect my camcorder ( Panasonic ) to my notebook throught the
firewire cable, it is recognized properly. But when I start movie maker and
clik on the capture buton, Movie maker hangs and does nothing. Any solutions??

Thanks in advance.

Do you get any error messages come up at all?
Check out www.papajohn.org and see the problem solving section on hangs and
crashes.

--
Graham Hughes