i have just downloaded an add-on pack from this website that should have
sound effects for the movie player. i have installed it, but now can't find
any effects or the file - the only thing it lets me do is install it again
and again, but doesn't actually seem to have anything else in it!
i would really apprieciate any help, im trying to make a movie for a
birthday in a few weeks, and trying to change the music tracks in the
background - can you fade them out? anyway im very grateful for any help!
hoxie x

You really need to give more info than this to get any sort of help. You
don't say what the software/add on pack/web-site etc is...............

All I can suggest is try re downloading the software in case it didn't come
properly and then watch where it says it is installing it. Try search to
look for files that are supposed to be made.
Can you fade out music tracks? Yes. But how you do it is dependant on what
software you are using, let us know.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"hoxie" <hoxie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have just downloaded an add-on pack from this website that should have
> sound effects for the movie player. i have installed it, but now can't
> find
> any effects or the file - the only thing it lets me do is install it again
> and again, but doesn't actually seem to have anything else in it!
> i would really apprieciate any help, im trying to make a movie for a
> birthday in a few weeks, and trying to change the music tracks in the
> background - can you fade them out? anyway im very grateful for any help!
> hoxie x

the program I'm using is windows movie maker - in the 'about' section it says
version 5.1 (Build2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519:Service Pack 2) and a bit
further down it says version 2.1.4026.0 Don't know if any of these numbers
help at all!!
The add-on pack I was trying to download was called the Windows Movie Maker
2 Creativity Fun Pack, the two files were creativity_mmfull.exe, which I
think was supposed to have the full pack, and creativity_mmaudio.exe. i
downloaded this later on, it should have had sound effects and audio, but i
can't find either of them anywhere.
In the meantime, i have found a sound effect on the internet to use - it's
ok but it isn't brilliant! It's a lot quiter than the music i have already
added to the film, so does anyone know how i can turn this up without
changing the volume of the rest of the music?
sorry, im not very good with this! i've only been using the program for a
few days and i haven't really got the hang of it yet!
thanks for the reply, any more help from people is greatly apprieciated!
hoxie x

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> You really need to give more info than this to get any sort of help. You
> don't say what the software/add on pack/web-site etc is...............
>
> All I can suggest is try re downloading the software in case it didn't come
> properly and then watch where it says it is installing it. Try search to
> look for files that are supposed to be made.
> Can you fade out music tracks? Yes. But how you do it is dependant on what
> software you are using, let us know.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com

I'll have to look into those, as I've not used them. Maybe while you're
waiting for more help to come along, or me to Download them, check out
www.papajohn.org and see if he has any pages on the fun packs.
Graham

--

> the program I'm using is windows movie maker - in the 'about' section it
> says
> version 5.1 (Build2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519:Service Pack 2) and a bit
> further down it says version 2.1.4026.0 Don't know if any of these
> numbers
> help at all!!
> The add-on pack I was trying to download was called the Windows Movie
> Maker
> 2 Creativity Fun Pack, the two files were creativity_mmfull.exe, which I
> think was supposed to have the full pack, and creativity_mmaudio.exe. i
> downloaded this later on, it should have had sound effects and audio, but
> can't find either of them anywhere.
> In the meantime, i have found a sound effect on the internet to use - it's
> ok but it isn't brilliant! It's a lot quiter than the music i have
> already
> added to the film, so does anyone know how i can turn this up without
> changing the volume of the rest of the music?
> sorry, im not very good with this! i've only been using the program for a
> few days and i haven't really got the hang of it yet!
> thanks for the reply, any more help from people is greatly apprieciated!
> hoxie x
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> You really need to give more info than this to get any sort of help. You
>> don't say what the software/add on pack/web-site etc is...............
>>
>> All I can suggest is try re downloading the software in case it didn't
>> come
>> properly and then watch where it says it is installing it. Try search to
>> look for files that are supposed to be made.
>> Can you fade out music tracks? Yes. But how you do it is dependant on
>> what
>> software you are using, let us know.
>>
>> --
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
>> www.dvds2treasure.com
>> www.simplydv.com

OK installed it and after installation a readme file opened which gave the
instruction as to how to use the fun pack. For the audio you should find it
in My Videos, crerative fun pack. This is the default location and it was
there when I looked at my pc. Below also relates to the audio.

Good Luck

Graham

Before you begin using this content, you must import it into Movie Maker.
Here's how:

To import Windows Movie Maker content:

1. First, open Windows Movie Maker 2. Click Start, point to All Programs,
point to Accessories, and then click on Windows Movie Maker.

2. In Movie Maker 2, from the File menu, click Import and navigate to the
location on your hard drive where you installed the Windows XP Creativity
Fun Pack for Windows Movie Maker 2. The default location is in your My
Videos folder [My Documents à My Videosà Creativity Fun Pack].

Note: When importing the Video Title Slides, uncheck the Create clips for
video files box. This will ensure that the video files you import will
remain in one piece.

3. Select the clip or clips you wish to import. (Press and hold the
CTRL key while selecting multiple files.)

4. Click Open to import the clips. The video files will now be in
Collections folders in Windows Movie Maker 2.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

>>> www.dvds2treasure.com