[SOLVED] Moving an M.2 SSD with windows already installed.

Nov 10, 2020
The motherboard I plan on buying for a build has two M.2 slots. I'm going to buy a new M.2 SSD and set up a fresh copy of windows on it to use for my new pc.

I have an existing M.2 on my current pc with windows already installed. Do I have to delete windows on my existing M.2 SSD before I transfer it to my new build?

Solution
The motherboard I plan on buying for a build has two M.2 slots. I'm going to buy a new M.2 SSD and set up a fresh copy of windows on it to use for my new pc.

I have an existing M.2 on my current pc with windows already installed. Do I have to delete windows on my existing M.2 SSD before I transfer it to my new build?

You don't have to, just make sure that it's booting to the new M.2 SSD. And don't transfer your old M.2 SSD until Windows is fully installed on the new one.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

You don't have to, just make sure that it's booting to the new M.2 SSD. And don't transfer your old M.2 SSD until Windows is fully installed on the new one.

Reactions: Curlyfries75
Solution