moving between 2 storages with different OSs

soroush_2

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
HI!
I just bought a new SSD for my laptop. Currently I have a HDD with windows 8 installed on it. I was thinking about if it is possible to install windows 10 on my new SSD and whenever I wanted to use my old programs installed on my HDD, just plug in the HDD in laptop.
should i change some setting or will it just work OK when moving between to different Drives with different
OSs?

Thanks!

Solution
Hey there, soroush_2.

Congrats on the new SSD. :)
You shouldn't have to change any setting or do anything special if you swap the drives. This should work. However, if you laptop has an optical drive (e.g. a DVD-Rom) you do have the option to replace it with an HDD/SSD caddy and have both the SSD and the HDD connected to your laptop.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Boogieman_WD
Hey there, soroush_2.

Congrats on the new SSD. :)
You shouldn't have to change any setting or do anything special if you swap the drives. This should work. However, if you laptop has an optical drive (e.g. a DVD-Rom) you do have the option to replace it with an HDD/SSD caddy and have both the SSD and the HDD connected to your laptop.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Boogieman_WD

Solution

soroush_2

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016

thanks man, hope everything goes well as u said. and the replacing solution sounds great. I will consider that!

TRENDING THREADS