Moving BF4 from HDD to SSD via Steam Mover.

goose2379

Reputable
Mar 19, 2014
I have downloaded Steam mover and attempted to move the game files to the SSD. However, the game is not registering as every time I go in to Origin, it allows a full download, and does not recognize that the files are already on the new SSD.

I am not tech savvy, so any assistance would be appreciated. Keep in mind that if it is a technical issue, the use of enthusiast jargon will do little to aid me as I'll just be trying to figure out what you're talking about.

Thanks.

goose2379

Reputable
Mar 19, 2014
This is immensely fkn annoying, everywhere I look there is posts on how fast and quick this shit is. Looks like I'm just gonna install every damn thing over again, so damn retarded.

Hello , What you need to do sir is to start the download normally as if you're already going to download the game then stop it and exit origin , afterwards cut the files from the original BF4 directory and paste it to the new download location . Then fire up origin again and resume the download , Origin should detect the files and download what's missing.

Steam mover should have nothing in common with origin. If you want to do the same with steam games then you need to copy the steamapps folder from the original directory and override the new one with the original one ( all while steam is switched off ) then the next time you start steam it should recognize the games and download the remaining data .

Feel free to ask any further questions.

Rayven2

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

Did you even look at the thread? It is literally 4 steps and a matter of copy and pasting, it's a 1-2 minute job at most. Hardly see that as being difficult.