[SOLVED] Moving files from PC to PC

CajaCaja

Reputable
Jan 9, 2017
I bought an ssd for a small upgrade on an all-in-one pc my dad uses, and did a fresh windows install on the computer. I connected the old HDD to my desktop and copied all the “important” files such as documents, photos and videos to my computer, and now I’m wondering if it’s possible to transfer those files to the SSD directly from my computer after the windows has been installed.

I tried copying a few files this way as a test, but when I plug the ssd back into the all-in-one, the files are not there.

Am I going to require an external hard drive or a usb to move these files?, cloud sharing is not an option since I compiled around 300GBS of files and documents.
Any thoughts or help is appreciated :)

Solution
I bought an ssd for a small upgrade on an all-in-one pc my dad uses, and did a fresh windows install on the computer. I connected the old HDD to my desktop and copied all the “important” files such as documents, photos and videos to my computer, and now I’m wondering if it’s possible to transfer those files to the SSD directly from my computer after the windows has been installed.

I tried copying a few files this way as a test, but when I plug the ssd back into the all-in-one, the files are not there.

Am I going to require an external hard drive or a usb to move these files?, cloud sharing is not an option since I compiled around 300GBS of files and documents.

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-SATA-USB-Cable-USB3S2SAT3CB/dp/B00HJZJI84

Solution