Jim

I would like to know how to move a folder like "My Pictures" or even the
whole "My Documents" file structure to my "D" drive which is a physically
different disk than the disk with my OS (the normal C drive). Could someone
tell me how to do that and still have Windows XT know where to look for
these special folders? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--
I put junk in my email address to evade the spammers.
Please take the junk out before replying.

Jerry

TweakUi for XP Powertoy will work.

"Jim" <kraskajunk@dakotacom.net> wrote in message
>I would like to know how to move a folder like "My Pictures" or even the
>whole "My Documents" file structure to my "D" drive which is a physically
>different disk than the disk with my OS (the normal C drive). Could someone
>tell me how to do that and still have Windows XT know where to look for
>these special folders? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>
> --
> I put junk in my email address to evade the spammers.
> Please take the junk out before replying.
> Sorry for the inconvenience.
> Jim

"How to Move Shell Folders (and contents)"
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_shell_folders.htm

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Jim" <kraskajunk@dakotacom.net> wrote in message
> I would like to know how to move a folder like "My Pictures" or even the
> whole "My Documents" file structure to my "D" drive which is a physically
> different disk than the disk with my OS (the normal C drive). Could
someone
> tell me how to do that and still have Windows XT know where to look for
> these special folders? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>
> --
> I put junk in my email address to evade the spammers.
> Please take the junk out before replying.
> Sorry for the inconvenience.
> Jim

Jim,

Relocating the My Documents, will relocate it's sub-folders as well (My
Pictures, My Music etc).

Change the Default Location of the My Documents Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310147

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User