[SOLVED] Moving from HDD to M.2 via AOMEI Cloning results in INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

virtualflying

Honorable
Mar 18, 2016
My friend got a new M.2 for Christmas so we decided to follow this JayzTwoCents video on how to clone your drive. When it finally finished cloning, we set the boot option to his new M.2 (which shows up in Windows and has all the correct files) and when it boots, it ultimately gives us the BSOD of 'UNACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE' and then goes to a black screen and doesn't do anything else. We are completely stumped what else to look at to help fix this and I'm wondering if anyone else has ideas.

Solution
My friend got a new M.2 for Christmas so we decided to follow this JayzTwoCents video on how to clone your drive. When it finally finished cloning, we set the boot option to his new M.2 (which shows up in Windows and has all the correct files) and when it boots, it ultimately gives us the BSOD of 'UNACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE' and then goes to a black screen and doesn't do anything else. We are completely stumped what else to look at to help fix this and I'm wondering if anyone else has ideas.
Try reinstalling the windows on the new M.2 and delete the windows files from the other one if you're gonna use both together

RifatAhmed

Reputable
Feb 12, 2017
Try reinstalling the windows on the new M.2 and delete the windows files from the other one if you're gonna use both together

Solution