moving hard drive with 2k install

jimmyswimm

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
I was wondering if there was anything I needed to do if I was moving a hard drive with 2k on it from one setup to another. I know about uninstalling drivers and such but I wasn't sure with 2k if I had to do other things so the new computer setup would recognize the 2k install and all the files, then all I do is just add the new hardware drivers. I didnt' want to do a new install if I didn't have to. Searched the forums and couldn't find anything. Thanks for the help

<b><font color=blue>The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. :lol: :wink:

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
One thing you should do is make sure you have some insurance in case something does go wrong. Make a backup of your partition or registry first and foremost.

<font color=purple><b>Listen twice as much as you Speak. Better yet, Think twice. :wink: </font color=purple></b>

jasen

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2001
Basically yeah. Backup and pray. Remove devices from device manager before you shut down the last time. If the ATA controller is too different on the new system you may encounter the boot_device_inaccessible bsod anyway though.

TRENDING THREADS