Question Moving installed applications from HDD to new SDD, not system files

Mar 25, 2019
I currently have three drives installed into my system. A 256GB M.2 SSD that has my OS and other important system apps installed on, a 1TB hybrid drive that has all of my games and launchers on it, and a 500 GB HDD that I use for document and media storage. I want to install a new 1TB SSD to handle all my games and associated launchers. The hybrid drive is going to be for all my other less frequently used applications. Whats the best way to get all the data off the hybrid drive and onto the new SSD. I feel like just physically moving the installation folders is too simple and is going to screw the registry up or something like that. This is the first time I've had to do a full drive move before. Help me out folks, please.

USAFRet

Titan
For a secondary drive that will be 100% replaced by something else, no problem.

Either clone or copy/paste to the new drive.
Then, just verify that the new drive has the same drive letter as th old one did.

The OS and its registry will not know the difference.

Mar 25, 2019
For a secondary drive that will be 100% replaced by something else, no problem.

Either clone or copy/paste to the new drive.
Then, just verify that the new drive has the same drive letter as th old one did.

The OS and its registry will not know the difference.

Is this going to be a problem that the hybrid drive will still be installed in the machine, I feel like the SSD and the hybrid would have the same drive letter. Do I need to change the drive letter of the hybrid prior to installing the SSD moving the folders to the new drive?

USAFRet

Titan
They can't have the same drive letter, Windows will not do that.
Initially, it will assign the new drive some other letter.
In Disk Management, change them around.

Ex:
Currently, current hybrid drive = D
New drive = E

Change Hybrid to X
Change SSD to D
Change Hybrid do E, or anything other than D.
Done.

The order in which you change the drive letters does not matter...either before or after putting in the new drive.

Mar 25, 2019
They can't have the same drive letter, Windows will not do that.
Initially, it will assign the new drive some other letter.
In Disk Management, change them around.

Ex:
Currently, current hybrid drive = D
New drive = E

Change Hybrid to X
Change SSD to D
Change Hybrid do E, or anything other than D.
Done.

The order in which you change the drive letters does not matter...either before or after putting in the new drive.

Groovy, thanks for the assist.