Moving internet history (IE)

mi1ez

Splendid
Hi

I've had a user with a corrupt profile so we renamed his profile to user.old and recreated his profile as user.domain.

All of his files have been moved successfully except for his internet history. I have copied across his Temporary internet files (pretty sure this was unnecessary but I was clutching at straws by the end) and copied across his history folder (from c:\users\user.old\appdata\local\microsoft\Windows\history to c:\users\user.domain\appdata\local\microsoft\Windows\history).

I copied the folder across as local admin, in safe mode.

Initially I renamed the history folder that Windows had just created to history.temp and pasted in the old history folder from the old profile. On reboot nothing had changed.

I have since tried deleting the "new" history folder completely and dropping in the old one. All this did was delete the very newest history but still didn't add the older items.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there some hidden link, metadata or registry key that needs changing too?

Cheers

the reg key is
HKEY_USERS/DEFAULT/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/CURRENTVERSION/EXPLORER/UserShellFolders

but the path you posted is the default path listed in the key with the exception of
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History

mi1ez

Splendid
The reg key points to exactly where the history folder is.
It didn't point to the renamed one when I first tried
It points to the only history folder, which is the one which should have months of history in it.