[SOLVED] Moving into RV want run desktop Is my solar package going to be up to snuff?

jcfra420

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
So I have a 600w IBUYPOWER rig, I just bought a 24ft RV and plan to put on a 500w solar array with a 3000w inverter. I am going to use a 12v 200AH lithium battery, or maybe a 12v 500ah setup (if I use twin 6v, but leaning more towards a heavy duty lithium). I was also considering installing a 24v solar array and wiring, then just use a converter to tie into to existing 12v system for lights etc.

So is this doable guys? If so how many hours do you think it would be max to not drain my batteries before morning? I will be mostly plugged in to a 30amp service, but would like to set up the rig for off hookup as well.

Solution
So I have a 600w IBUYPOWER rig
"600w" means little.
You need to measure exactly what this system consumes. A Kill-A-Watt device would measure this.

Then, balance that consumption against your battery output, and the capability of the solar panel to recharge the battery.

kanewolf

Titan
So I have a 600w IBUYPOWER rig, I just bought a 24ft RV and plan to put on a 500w solar array with a 3000w inverter. I am going to use a 12v 200AH lithium battery, or maybe a 12v 500ah setup (if I use twin 6v, but leaning more towards a heavy duty lithium). I was also considering installing a 24v solar array and wiring, then just use a converter to tie into to existing 12v system for lights etc.

So is this doable guys? If so how many hours do you think it would be max to not drain my batteries before morning? I will be mostly plugged in to a 30amp service, but would like to set up the rig for off hookup as well.
Does your RV not have a generator?

jcfra420

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
"600w" means little.
You need to measure exactly what this system consumes. A Kill-A-Watt device would measure this.

Then, balance that consumption against your battery output, and the capability of the solar panel to recharge the battery.
Just ordered one thanks for info. This will be great just for future use in general.

TRENDING THREADS