[SOLVED] Moving MOBO to new case with new drive and OS

Valorek

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2014
So I've decided on a different Mid Tower case and I want to move my current setup over to the new case but i have one concern...

do i need to do anything special in the bios if change my main boot drive to a higher capacity SSD with a fresh OS on it? my current SSD main drive only has 256 GB and i wanted to up it.

Thanks for your time!

Solution
After switching the system in the new case you only install the new SSD and you install Windows 10 on it. You boot the first time with only that drive connected. After that you can connect your old SSD and use it like a storage drive.

Make sure that when you boot with both SSD the first time that your BIOS boot drive is the new SSD with the new Windows on it.
After switching the system in the new case you only install the new SSD and you install Windows 10 on it. You boot the first time with only that drive connected. After that you can connect your old SSD and use it like a storage drive.

Make sure that when you boot with both SSD the first time that your BIOS boot drive is the new SSD with the new Windows on it.

Solution

Valorek

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2014

Fantastic! thank you very much I was just verifying it's been awhile for me :sweatsmile: