[SOLVED] Moving my cursor in game drops my fps massively...

Jan 9, 2021
Recently I've been replaying older games and one of them in particular is giving me a hard time. When I move my cursor in stronghold 2 (the steam edition one) my fps drops massively... Like 2fps.

I've tried solutions like uninstalling my driver's for the razer Naga Trinity and letting Microsoft download the default one, updating my GPU drivers, updating my mobo drivers, trying another mouse (corsair m65), virus scans and even running steam and the game on admin mode. None of these work... It either started acting up right away or after about 5 minutes.

I have an i9-9900k, 32gb ram and an RTX 2070 super. I don't know what I should do, please help.

Solution
Is it only Stronghold? Looking around, it seems this game is pretty bad in terms of optimisation.

Have you seen this?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Is it only Stronghold? Looking around, it seems this game is pretty bad in terms of optimisation.

Have you seen this?

Solution
Jan 9, 2021

Have you seen this?

it appears to only be stronghold and no i havent seen this thread yet despite all my research. I will try it out

Jan 9, 2021

Have you seen this?

i set back my Nvidia drivers to version 457.30 and it works flawlessly! Thanks for your help

Reactions: boju