moving my documents

i like to use 'my documents' for the convenience and it is quite large
i want to put it on my logical e: drive, where i keep all the other data and
it has the most available space
can this be done? i'm asking before i just try it and find i have a big
problem

my c: partition is kind of minimal, for winnt and program files
also have a extended dos partition with d and e, d is tiny for a backup
win2k installation
e is the largest for data.

Right-click My Documents|Properties|Target|Move

But be aware with any file move that if something happens during the move
then files may be lost. So backup before hand.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"bbxrider" wrote:
|i like to use 'my documents' for the convenience and it is quite large
| i want to put it on my logical e: drive, where i keep all the other data
and
| it has the most available space
| can this be done? i'm asking before i just try it and find i have a big
| problem
|
| my c: partition is kind of minimal, for winnt and program files
| also have a extended dos partition with d and e, d is tiny for a backup
| win2k installation
| e is the largest for data.

bbxrider

Right click "My Documents" and select Properties. Press the Move... button
and select where to move it. When you now save files in "My Documents" they
will be saved in the target directory.

Best regards

Bjorn

"bbxrider" <bxtrap01@comcast.net> wrote:

>i like to use 'my documents' for the convenience and it is quite large
>i want to put it on my logical e: drive, where i keep all the other data and
>it has the most available space
>can this be done? i'm asking before i just try it and find i have a big
>problem
>
>my c: partition is kind of minimal, for winnt and program files
>also have a extended dos partition with d and e, d is tiny for a backup
>win2k installation
>e is the largest for data.

great, and thanx, was hoping it would be that easy