[SOLVED] Moving my SSD from my laptop to my pc

gutsygoat

Reputable
May 30, 2017
Soo I have an old laptop in which my parents put a Samsung 840 evo (250gb). I don't use the laptop, so I took the ssd out, and am planning on moving it to my main build. The only problem: the ssd contains an OEM license of Windows 7 Home Premium. Anyone got an idea how i could move it to the hard drive in my laptop? Cheers

Solution
Soo I have an old laptop in which my parents put a Samsung 840 evo (250gb). I don't use the laptop, so I took the ssd out, and am planning on moving it to my main build. The only problem: the ssd contains an OEM license of Windows 7 Home Premium. Anyone got an idea how i could move it to the hard drive in my laptop? Cheers
I would clone it using the free version of Macrium Reflect, but also make a Windows Repair Disk (just type that in the run box to get to the wizard) before doing anything, as it is often needed on the first startup after the clone process since the drive has changed.
There are many tutorials on You Tube on how to clone using using Macrium.

RealBeast

Titan
I would clone it using the free version of Macrium Reflect, but also make a Windows Repair Disk (just type that in the run box to get to the wizard) before doing anything, as it is often needed on the first startup after the clone process since the drive has changed.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Are you planning on using the OS on this drive?
Moving a Win 7 install from a laptop to a desktop is unlikely to actually boot up.

gutsygoat

Reputable
May 30, 2017
cheers, I'll try it once i can open my laptop again (back screws seem to be stripped or something

TRENDING THREADS