moving os to new machine

kesh08

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
ok so i bought a new machine. i had windows 8 pro which became 10 pro about 4 months ago. im not getting any straight forward answer for moving m os accross. its currently on a ssd which i want it to remain on but as a fresh install to accomodate new hardware. can this be done? should i roll back to windows 8 to do this? if i can do it should i remove my key in order to move it? (ive typed in the command and my activation or product id dont show up). my os was originally a retail copy

more detail....current machine is asus motherboard with amd quad core.
new machine is a gigbyte motherboard. amd fx8350.
my new machine doesnt have a solid state...ideally what i want to do is wipe my ssd...put it in new machine and reinstall windows with new hardware.

it seems a bit of a cheat that microsoft would tie your license to current hardware

Solution
The best course of action is revert back to old OS, change all your hardware while on old OS and then after all updates are accomplished perform upgrade to Windows 10.

Unfortunately the way you've listed out your system specs isn't of much help. List them as:
CPU:
Mobo: (Motherboard make and model)
RAM:
SSD:
HDD:
GPU: (Graphics card make and model)
PSU:

Actually that is a good way to monitor you and your hardware migration pattern.

Lutfij

Titan
The best course of action is revert back to old OS, change all your hardware while on old OS and then after all updates are accomplished perform upgrade to Windows 10.

Unfortunately the way you've listed out your system specs isn't of much help. List them as:
CPU:
Mobo: (Motherboard make and model)
RAM:
SSD:
HDD:
GPU: (Graphics card make and model)
PSU:

Actually that is a good way to monitor you and your hardware migration pattern.

Solution