[SOLVED] moving os to new ssd

Sep 12, 2019
can i just a install windows on my new ssd
meanwhile my other one has already installed windows or do i need to delete everything on it before ? i want to boot windows on my new ssd that i just bought

Solution
Yes, if you want a clean Windows 10 installation on your new SSD you can pop it in in place of your existing one and perform a completely clean reinstall of Windows 10.

But is that really what you actually want? If you have lots of data and programs on your old SSD, I'd be far more inclined to clone it to the new one (which I presume has a significantly increased capacity) then extend the partition, or create an additional separate one, once you've booted from the cloned drive.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Yes, if you want a clean Windows 10 installation on your new SSD you can pop it in in place of your existing one and perform a completely clean reinstall of Windows 10.

But is that really what you actually want? If you have lots of data and programs on your old SSD, I'd be far more inclined to clone it to the new one (which I presume has a significantly increased capacity) then extend the partition, or create an additional separate one, once you've booted from the cloned drive.

Solution
Sep 12, 2019
i want to move windows to the new ssd because my old ssd is old and probably slightly damaged from me at punching in my table for some time have had it for like 1 and a half years (when im like raging in games) my temper goes bad .. my pc is like on another table beside my gaming i was thinking changing my OS to my new SSD because i thought it would fix a problem with my pc i had having i recently been playing Mordhau And borderlands 3 and they have been crashing alot since i installed my new ssd and btw my extra cables for harddrives hadn't been used for 4 years i don't know they are the cause of this maybe they have collected some dust inside of it or just something else i wanted to see if my new ssd that is ( samsung 860 evo 500gb) and my old ssd ( trion 100 250gb) could have no problems ( i have had viruses on my trion 100 ssd couple of times and had to clean my pc full )
Sorry for my english and grammar Don't have it easy typing this much