Moving Router Affects TV

timmer577

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
So I have Verizon FIOS Quantum, and im trying to move my router in order to achieve a wired connection. However, when I move it, one of the upstairs TVs in my house says "Unable to detect network connection" and can no longer watch shows. Is this normal? Anyone know a fix?

Solution
Is the TV upstairs wired or wireless? My "read" is wireless but want to be sure.

Verify that that TV's network configuration still matches the router's configuration for your network.

Does not take much to degrade a wireless signal - either moving the router or the device. Does the TV start working if the router is placed back in its' original location.

Make sure any ethernet cables along the network path are correctly connected. Try using another known working cable as a replacement. Could be some plug/unplug caused a connection problem within one of the cable plugs.

Are any other devices affected?

Ralston18

Titan
Is the TV upstairs wired or wireless? My "read" is wireless but want to be sure.

Verify that that TV's network configuration still matches the router's configuration for your network.

Does not take much to degrade a wireless signal - either moving the router or the device. Does the TV start working if the router is placed back in its' original location.

Make sure any ethernet cables along the network path are correctly connected. Try using another known working cable as a replacement. Could be some plug/unplug caused a connection problem within one of the cable plugs.

Are any other devices affected?

Solution