Moving second Hard drive to another computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeziireHD

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
Hi. Im building a budget gaming computer, and dont have money for a new hard drive. Can i move my second hardrive thats on my laptop, that only has games on it, keep the games and download a new os on that hardrive?

Solution
The answer to the question as written is Yes you can , though I don't think what you wrote is what you meant to ask so I will add that yes you can also install windows to this drive without deleting the games but unless the games use an installer (Steam/Origin/Glyph/Uplay...) they may need to be reinstalled also. Installer games you typically just need to reinstall the installer app and then tell it where the games are.

popatim

Titan
The answer to the question as written is Yes you can , though I don't think what you wrote is what you meant to ask so I will add that yes you can also install windows to this drive without deleting the games but unless the games use an installer (Steam/Origin/Glyph/Uplay...) they may need to be reinstalled also. Installer games you typically just need to reinstall the installer app and then tell it where the games are.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.