Question Moving SSD to new Motherboard

Nov 30, 2019
So im in the process of rebuilding my computer, first time. About two weeks ago I purchased and installed my first SSD, hindsight is 20/20 because at the time I didn't intend on completely rebuilding the computer but once I started I found I really enjoyed it and now I'm going to replace the motherboard and processor and that will complete the build. So my question is, how can I move the SSD to the new motherboard? it is a Samsung Evo 860 1TB. and what steps should I take prior to installing the new motherboard so that the process goes as smooth as possible? I'm going from a JasimeR to an Asus ROG STRIX B450-F.

Lutfij

Titan
You will need to backup all critical data off the SSD while on the old system by moving them onto a portable storage device. You should also create a bootable USB installer for your OS using Windows Media Creation Tools. Install your old SSD and have the USB installer plugged in, you should be able to continue installing the OS following the onscreen prompts. I asked you to back up data since you will have to format and reinstall the OS. Once done, you will need to install the necessary drivers for your motherboard, manually(after sourcing them from manufacturer's support site) and install them in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Out of curiosity, what is the make and model of your PSU and how old is it?

Nov 30, 2019
Ok seems simple enough, but what if I wipe the SSD first, will this cause complications? I ask because it doesn't have anything important on it, everything like pictures and what not are already backed up on my HDD. will I need to purchase another copy of windows 10 after installing the OS? I'm running a Corsair CX750M and I bought it the same time I bought the SSD.

Nov 30, 2019
Slight issue as well, the mother board I purchased doesn’t have WiFi so I purchased a net gear adapter but I need a program to run it. Can I move the file to a usb and then add them once I’v completed a clean install? Same with the drivers, can I download them first then copy them to the new motherboard?