Moving users

jk

Hi, everyone. Is there any way to move users between NT4
domains? For example: I have a server (NT4, SP6, domain
name: OLD_DOMAIN) that is pretty old (Pentium Pro) and the
company have purchased a new one (probably NT4, SP6,
domain name: NEW_DOMAIN). Since the old server is far away
from my office, I would like to do the NT instalation and
configuration here and spend only a few hours on the other
site, moving users and computers to the new domain.
Is there any way of doing this?
Thanks a lot,

JK

--------------------
| From: "JK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Sender: "JK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Subject: Moving users
| Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:14:35 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc
|
| Hi, everyone. Is there any way to move users between NT4
| domains? For example: I have a server (NT4, SP6, domain
| name: OLD_DOMAIN) that is pretty old (Pentium Pro) and the
| company have purchased a new one (probably NT4, SP6,
| domain name: NEW_DOMAIN). Since the old server is far away
| from my office, I would like to do the NT instalation and
| configuration here and spend only a few hours on the other
| site, moving users and computers to the new domain.
| Is there any way of doing this?
| Thanks a lot,
|
| JK

JK -

Check out KB article 199878, AddUsers Automates Creation of a
Large Number of Users. This particular Windows utility, available
in the Windows Resource Kit, can "export" your users to a comma
delimited file (CSV). The resultant CSV file can then be imported
into your new domain with the same utility.

Hope this helps,

Derek Wirch, MCSE+I (NT 4.0), MCP (Win2k)
Microsoft Exchange Support Engineer
Enterprise Messaging Support - Admin
Email: a-derekw@microsoft.com

Please reply to the group so all users can benefit.

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there.

SECURITY ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please subscribe to the FREE Microsoft® Security Notification Service on
http://register.microsoft.com/subscription/subscribeme.asp?ID=135 an e-mail
alert service geared toward IT professionals. We use this service to notify
subscribers when we release an important security bulletin or virus alert,
and also to make them aware that they might need to take action to guard
against a circulating threat. You should also bookmark Microsoft Security
Bulletin's page available at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bulletin/
to view all our bulletins. To insure you are current with all security
patches visit Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to
install patches. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will
keep you up-to-date.

Hello,

Try Ideal Migration at http://www.pointdev.com/ - This product will allow
you to transfer all your NT objects from and to NT servers. Objetcs will be
computers, groups, users (properties and passwords), shared folders, files
and directories (properties and permissions).

"JK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:51e801c42c94
$42883060$a001280a@phx.gbl: