Moving Win 10 games from external to PC?

Squadron

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
Trying to download Gears of War 4 on my home PC has been a nightmare. I can download it on my Laptop at work but can't seem to find a way to transfer the files from my laptop's external drive to my home PC. The files seem to be hidden which I've figured out how to view but not sure how to transfer them once complete.

It's simple to do on Steam but the new Windows Store has been an awful Experiance. Pausing the download for an extended period will cause it to start over when you return. Does anyone here know of an easy way to transfer the game from my external HDD to my home PC? Both are using the same account also btw.

Solution
Does the game appear in the apps listing?

go to all settings/system/Apps & Features
find game in list and choose icon
choose move - it should have this as its something you installed, if it came with win 10 then the move key will be greyed out.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Does the game appear in the apps listing?

go to all settings/system/Apps & Features
find game in list and choose icon
choose move - it should have this as its something you installed, if it came with win 10 then the move key will be greyed out.

Solution

Squadron

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
Would that work if it's being moved from an external HDD from another PC? I haven't started the DL yet because I wanted to see if it worked first.

I also have the Anniversery update.