Moving Windows 10 from HDD to SSD

BlueHawk55

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
Hi there,I read online how you can clone your HDD to your SSD but I have a 3TB HDD that is full of data and I was very uneconomic with storing it so is there any way to transfer only windows to the SSD without all the data from the HDD?

Solution
Hey there, BlueHawk55.

Only if you have your OS on a separate partition. If this is the case you should be able to use cloning/migration software to clone only the OS associated partitions over to the SSD. However, If you have everything on single 3TB partition, I'm afraid that you won't be able to clone just the OS.
Perhaps a clean OS installation would be a better option. Don't forget to disconnect all drives except the SSD during the OS installation process if you decide to go with that suggestion.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any questions whatsoever.
Boogieman_WD
Hey there, BlueHawk55.

Only if you have your OS on a separate partition. If this is the case you should be able to use cloning/migration software to clone only the OS associated partitions over to the SSD. However, If you have everything on single 3TB partition, I'm afraid that you won't be able to clone just the OS.
Perhaps a clean OS installation would be a better option. Don't forget to disconnect all drives except the SSD during the OS installation process if you decide to go with that suggestion.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any questions whatsoever.
Boogieman_WD

Solution