[SOLVED] Moving Windows 10 from SSD to HDD question

Kusky

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2013
I'm wanting to remove the SSD out of my laptop and put it in my PC. So I need to install windows on my laptop HDD. I have two questions about this. First being do i do this the same way as moving windows onto SSD, by putting windows installation media on a USB, removing SSD and booting laptop with only hdd in and inserting USB? If so, great.

My second question is, will my data on my HDD be erased? I don't want to lose any of it but I only have 1 USB at the moment which I need to use for the Windows installation.

Solution
" First being do i do this the same way as moving windows onto SSD, by putting windows installation media on a USB, removing SSD and booting laptop with only hdd in and inserting USB? "

Yes

My second question is, will my data on my HDD be erased?

Yes

Kusky

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Kusky : "Moving Windows 10 from SSD to HDD"

I'm wanting to remove the SSD out of my laptop and put it in my PC. So I need to install Windows onto my HDD on my laptop. I have two questions about this. First being do i do this the same way as moving windows onto SSD, by putting windows installation media on a USB, removing SSD and booting laptop with only hdd in and inserting USB? If so, great.

My second question is, will my data on my HDD be erased? I don't want to lose any of it but I only have 1 USB at the moment which I need to use for the Windows installation.

" First being do i do this the same way as moving windows onto SSD, by putting windows installation media on a USB, removing SSD and booting laptop with only hdd in and inserting USB? "

Yes

My second question is, will my data on my HDD be erased?

Yes

Solution