Question Moving Windows to SSD or Using AMD Store Mi?

muzakkifatch

Reputable
Mar 27, 2016
Guys, i do some upgrade to my Pc, adding 1 ssd 120gb to my pc, currently windows install on 1tb hdd 7200rpm, what's best to improve my system?
Moving my windows from hdd to ssd (i don't knkw how to do it, lol) or using AMD store Mi (i think i could do it) so my storage and OS could benefit from the speed of my ssd?

Athlon 200ge with msi b450m pro hdv (support amd store mi)

Performance wise it's better to have OS and games you care about and play often (loading times) on the SSD. Games you play seldom you can keep on the HDD. Since you're getting only 120GB SSD, you won't be able to install a lot of games and OS onto it.

So just consider if those games you play often will fit with OS on SSD. OS with programs will take around 60GB (but it's personal and depends...) so you're left with somewhat 40-50GB for games. It's also benefitial to have at least 15% of SSD space free at all times, so you should take that into consideration.

If you see that it will be hard to manage space on a 120GB SDD - you should opt for StoreMI. Otherwise, you can clone your Windows partition from HDD to SSD with programs like EasUS, as long as the data contents took up space less than 110GB on the OS partition of 1TB HDD.
https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/clone-1tb-hdd-to-512gb-ssd.html

TRENDING THREADS