May 18, 2020
Hello there i just need a quick question answered for me.

I am building a new computer, i currently have windows 10 installed and activated on my current computer.

If i take out this ssd with windows on it and put it into my new pc (so new cpu new motherboard new gpu etc)

will i have to reactivate windows or will it stay activated for me?

Solution

I am building a new computer, i currently have windows 10 installed and activated on my current computer.

If i take out this ssd with windows on it and put it into my new pc (so new cpu new motherboard new gpu etc)

Not only will it not stay activated, you will almost certainly have to do a full wipe and reinstall.
Windows is not modular, and moving between systems usually does not work.

For the OS license/activation...where did this OS and its license come from?

USAFRet

Titan

Not only will it not stay activated, you will almost certainly have to do a full wipe and reinstall.

Reactions: mctrader07
Solution
May 18, 2020

ah kk that's all I really needed to know, its not a master key or anything and came with the motherboard i believe as it was HP office pc