[SOLVED] Mozilla firefox Multiple entries in Firefox.

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Hi I have Windows 10 I'm also running the latest version of firefox and firefox nightly And when I click on the task manger there are multiple entries listed in the apps section and details section of task manager. I'm wondering how I can get rid of them so that just 1 shows up. It really slows down my browsing speed. I have content process limit set to 1 and I have hardware acceleration enabled but I have also tried disabling it nothing has worked. So to recap I would like just 1 entry to show up in the windows 10 task manager

thank you!!

Solution
Well, you're not going to get that.

Firefox, like all modern browsers, "sandboxes" each tab within each window, creating a process for each. Generally there is a "Top level" process for each window, with the tabs being expandable beneath those, but not always.

My Firefox entry, at the moment, is showing collapsed and with the number, (12), after the name. If expanded, all 12 Firefox processes show. It's even bigger for Brave (58).

If what you're looking for is having the collapsed view by default, try going to the View tab and choosing "Collapse All." That view should stick until you change it again.

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Hi I have Windows 10 I'm also running the latest version of firefox and firefox nightly And when I click on the task manger there are multiple entries listed in the apps section and details section of task manager. I'm wondering how I can get rid of them so that just 1 shows up. It really slows down my browsing speed. I have content process limit set to 1 and I have hardware acceleration enabled but I have also tried disabling it nothing has worked. So to recap I would like just 1 entry to show up in the windows 10 task manager

thank you!!
Sorry I meant Multiple entries in task manager.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019

Firefox, like all modern browsers, "sandboxes" each tab within each window, creating a process for each. Generally there is a "Top level" process for each window, with the tabs being expandable beneath those, but not always.

My Firefox entry, at the moment, is showing collapsed and with the number, (12), after the name. If expanded, all 12 Firefox processes show. It's even bigger for Brave (58).

If what you're looking for is having the collapsed view by default, try going to the View tab and choosing "Collapse All." That view should stick until you change it again.

Solution

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012

Okay well I guess there is nothing I can do. I just wanted to see just 1 entry in the task manger nothining with a drop down arrow or anything like that. All the youtube videos I have watched with different things to try nothing has worked for me when I would go to about:config. so thanks anyways for your time.

Sep 3, 2019
No! Best answer have wrong statemint! Or better explination needed!

Trendy corporat browsers make each tab own process. Security from this overrated and turn it into GIANT MEMORY HOG! BIG FAT LIKE PIG! stuff apple in mouth!

Better security if you run things like NoScript, cookie, XSS managers... Splitting tabs into process only limit damage from bad tabs. Why not make all tab secure?

If you wantings open source browser run Pale Moon and it single process. You can have hundreds, thousands of tabs and it no slow down at all!

EDIT: You vote down. That your choice. Sometimes being fanboy make people dumb as box of rocks!

Last edited: