Mozilla: No Plans to Launch Firefox Phone in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read: We don't want to get sued out of existence by Microsoft, Apple, and maybe Google so we're not even bothering with the US market until the whole patent thing gets reformed. You really can't blame them...

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Firefox OS is really a very good concept. Most of the major websites have HTML 5 web apps that work nearly as well as their local counterparts from Android and IOS.

As I've discovered with my Chromebook, the vast majority of my needs, especially on the go, can be satisfied by web based solutions. There's no reason a phone can't have a similar setup. This situation only improves as HTML 5 based content spreads and improves.

jurassic512

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
I've seen this OS reviewed and it's just bad... really bad. Slow, choppy, nothing new compared to current mobile OS's. Thank you for keeping it overseas Mozilla. Thank you thank you thank you.

Nashnir

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
" Thank you for keeping it overseas Mozilla. Thank you thank you thank you. "

I don't understand. If you don't like it; don't buy it.
You sound like you would be forced to buy it if it ever was selling in a store near you.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
In Latin America it's always smart to have two phones, one that's not so nice and one that is nice. That way, when you are robbed (not if but when), you can give them the cheaper phone. But you don't want to give them a phone that is too cheap, because that might piss them off. So this is a good phone for Latin America.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

I think it's safe to say he didn't buy his own iPhone 4S.

shovenose2

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
My aunt is very happy with her first smartphone, the ZTE Open I passed on to her after reviewing it (being one of the first people to get one).
So, yes, it's a useful device and I would easily recommend Firefox OS phones for use.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I don't know if another operating system (and ecosystem) is advantageous to consumers at this point. While Windows phone has succeeded far more in non-US markets, even IT can't garner more of a userbase and there's an entire software company (and billions of dollars) behind it. And it's not even a bad phone platform either. My guess is FF phone OS (if it deploys) will be low-end, low-budget phone, and probably won't go much beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.