Mozilla Releases Firefox Metro Preview for Windows 8 RTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Wouldn't ff as a whole be a bug?

[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]All that's missing is touchscreen monitors for desktops and lappies...[/citation] Uh... no.... touchscreen desktops suck.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]Uh... no.... touchscreen desktops suck.[/citation]

Nah, they're okay...

Until you try to photoshop, game or use Autodesk with touchscreen. Then the sensitivity is going to be too low, and good luck playing BF3 or SC2 with touchscreen.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Firefox has been garbage since v4. I can't even play one youtube video without it crashing because of flash and don't blame Adobe. I can have 10 tabs open in IE9 all playing youtube videos without any issue at all. Maybe they should test more instead of releasing a new major update every other week.[/citation]
Probably a misconfiguration in your system. Firefox has only ever crashed twice on me since 14 (use 15.0.1 now). Most of what I do is email, facebook, YouTube, live streams, Amazon Prime Instant Video, and tech forums. I (reluctantly) make extensive use of Flash with well over 30 tabs open simultaneously without issue. IE9 lags like crazy when you put that kind of stress on it.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Firefox has been garbage since v4. I can't even play one youtube video without it crashing because of flash and don't blame Adobe. I can have 10 tabs open in IE9 all playing youtube videos without any issue at all. Maybe they should test more instead of releasing a new major update every other week.[/citation]

What Flash version are you using? Flash 11.4 is more stable than 11.3 for FF.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Much as a vocal minority will claim they will never use Windows 8, next year 400 million PCs will ship to the world and a good chunk of those will have Windows 8 pre-installed. Ordinary people will buy it, get used to it and carry on as normal the same as any other OS release. Even software companies that hate Microsoft will tow the line and make a Metro App for their software because good or bad they simply cannot afford to not be involved in the market.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]One question...where do you go to Start the program?[/citation]
Try downloading ClassicShell and pretend you are on Windows 7 but with all the under-the-hood improvements ready to go

srap

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Flash for IE is completely different from Flash under FF, if you haven't heard about it yet. Also, you may want to read the third answer of this post.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]One question...where do you go to Start the program?[/citation]
Set it as the default, and then launch it from the metro start screen. (you might need to go to the 'all apps' menu) Do NOT launch it from the desktop, or you'll get the desktop version.

Status
Not open for further replies.