[SOLVED] Emails disappearing in Mozilla Thunderbird ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
Got a problem with emails from Inbox. Dunno why, the mails older than few days, they either dissapear, or either are deleted, but i dunno why.
How can i fix this? I want all my emails to stay there.

[OS = Windows 10]

Reactions: manoj26
Solution
All I can think of for the moment is that perhaps you have exceeded some limit regarding the number of email accounts and/or storage allocations.

The email account in question: Is it an older account or perhaps more recently created? How many accounts, emails, and associated storage do you have?

Even if the settings on that account are identical to the other accounts, I would try changing the settings to some other values, save the settings, and determine if the new setting(s) is/are working. If so, go back and reset again back to the desired configuration. Idea being that the premature deletions are due so some bug or corruption. A "do over" may fix the account's deletion policy.

Failing that then contact Mozilla.

Ralston18

Titan
Actually (full disclosure) I am not a Mozilla user so the direct response is no.

Your requirements are quite common to most email apps - the "how to" specifics can and do vary.

However a quick google found the following link:

https://uit.stanford.edu/service/office365/configure/thunderbird-oauth2

Note the "Email Retention Policy" link on the right side of the screen.

Specifically:

https://uit.stanford.edu/service/office365/retention

If those settings do not resolve the configuration issues then look through the other options as necessary.

Remember though to make only one change at a time and keep notes on what you change (original value to new value) and where you made the change.

Just in case you need to undo some change.

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
Ok, i am back. I've tried different methods, including with the retention policy, all in order.
Thing is i have multiple adresseses on same account, on others all is fine, but on another it auto deletes mails after a period of time.
Verified all settings on all accounts, all are the very same. So why, if the same settings are the same, it deletes on 1 address, but on others all are fine?

Ralston18

Titan
All I can think of for the moment is that perhaps you have exceeded some limit regarding the number of email accounts and/or storage allocations.

The email account in question: Is it an older account or perhaps more recently created? How many accounts, emails, and associated storage do you have?

Even if the settings on that account are identical to the other accounts, I would try changing the settings to some other values, save the settings, and determine if the new setting(s) is/are working. If so, go back and reset again back to the desired configuration. Idea being that the premature deletions are due so some bug or corruption. A "do over" may fix the account's deletion policy.

Failing that then contact Mozilla.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.