Mozilla's Firefox OS Ported to Raspberry Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru_urug

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Mozilla could use all the support it can get to launch the operating system, which is designed as an open platform supporting HTML5 technologies. This is in contrast to the walled gardens of Apple, Google and Microsoft.

Seriously?
You cant have Google in the same category as Apple when it comes to platform openness.

[citation][nom]guru_urug[/nom]Seriously?You cant have Google in the same category as Apple when it comes to platform openness.[/citation]
This is Gruener talking; he really doesn't know anything about Android. Please forgive him.

Mozilla, let us install this OS on ANY hardware platform we choose and you have a convert right here.

G

You can already install it on any platform you want, you just might have to do some porting work. (There are no magical porting fairies that will do that work for you.) The source is all freely available:
https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/

ashinms

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]Can we get this on Jailbroken iOS?Mobile Safari and Mobile Chrome just...plain... suck.[/citation]

People like you are why people like me consider all apple fans are retards.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]Can we get this on Jailbroken iOS?Mobile Safari and Mobile Chrome just...plain... suck.[/citation]

This is so bad, I can't tell if this is just an outright troll attempt.

Firefox 'OS' is an Operating System. See what I did there? It includes, but is not just, a broswer. The whole device runs in a Mozilla created environment.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]guru_urug[/nom]Seriously?You cant have Google in the same category as Apple when it comes to platform openness.[/citation]

Yea, you sort of can. There's nothing really open about Android unless you plan on making a fork of it.

[citation][nom]Wolfgang Gruener[/nom]
Mozilla could use all the support it can get to launch the operating system, which is designed as an open platform supporting HTML5 technologies. This is in contrast to the walled gardens of Apple, Google and Microsoft. The operating system is currently scheduled to debut commercially sometime next year in Latin America and Europe shortly thereafter. [/citation]

Last I checked, Android is an open source Linux distribution that hosts Java (if I remember correctly) for its software. How is it any less open than this Mozilla system which seems to do the same, just with HTML5 instead of Java? We can even customize our own Android systems if we want to with specialized ROMs and such. Heck, we can even make our own. How much more open does it get than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.