Question Mp3 players like foobar2k wont play mp3 files but media players like mpch will...

n3mes1s

Commendable
Sep 13, 2019
As tittle says. This is the most weird thing that happened to me so far in a windows 10 os. Foobar 2k will automatically crash, media monkey wont crash but will not play anything at all. If i open the mp3 with a media player instead like media player classic home cinema, it works. So whats the deal? any help will be appreciated.

As tittle says. This is the most weird thing that happened to me so far in a windows 10 os. Foobar 2k will automatically crash, media monkey wont crash but will not play anything at all. If i open the mp3 with a media player instead like media player classic home cinema, it works. So whats the deal? any help will be appreciated.

Good idea to list some back-ground to this issue, this a new build, old build, what happened to the system before the issue started? What did you try so far if anything? List system specs. The more advanced media players tend to want codec packs installed, did you go through their web sites for possible issues in the FAQ or forums?

n3mes1s

Commendable
Sep 13, 2019
Well the problem was the library dsound.dll tha was corrupted somehow. I had to reinstall windows to fix it since windows 10 wont let me to replace it, not even with the right owner permissions. No i dont use codec packs they are not recommended and these days most media apps come with internal codecs included. Thats why mp3 files were playing ok in media player classic. Foobar2000 or winamp requires the system dsound.dll library to work. The most problematic thing about this is, games that use the same library specially older ones will also not launch.