Status
Not open for further replies.
G

is there any way of making an audio CD from MP3 with the SAME quality as the original Audio CD...???
and oh....another little thing....can you crop seconds off a MP3 file..??
forgive my ignorance

G

Mp3 format implies a loss of quality, but this affects mainly to sound humans cannot hear, so it should not matter too much.

Anyway, if you want to make an audio CD from MP3, the higher the quality of the mp3, the closer it will be to the original.

You can crop seconds off a MP3 file using audio software, and some CD recording software, such as WinOnCD, have built in sound editing and you can crop the file before burning.

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
just do a search for mp32wav.exe or .zip on ftp search... its simple, its easy, its small, it does the job of converting .mp3 into .wav effectivelly:)

of course, I think newer version of EasyCD and other software can do that automatically for you...

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
LAME.exe -b320 -m s -h

Will be utterly indistinguishable from parent WAV.

Of course, with any MP3 there is loss of quality.

But you don't read bits...you hear with your ears.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Converting CD audio (WAV) to MP3 will result in some loss, 128+ kbit MP3s sound virtually identical to the human ear (audio normalization can sometimes help keep it even closer). If you convert an MP3 back to WAV, it will be of exact quality as the MP3, so make sure you have a Hi-Q MP3.

As far as burning to a CD, some software lets you burn MP3s as WAV (CD audio) directly, but others require you to convert it to WAV before burning as a track. I use freeware software that provides a GUI for encoding/decoding (I currently use CDex), and EZCD or Nero, etc for the actual burning.

BTW, MP3--->WAV is called "decoding" and WAV--->MP3 is called "encoding", just think of it as decompression vs compression...

Too bad I need a new burner now, this old HP died in a flash process! But it was required for the much-improved software :(<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AlexTheBlue on 04/03/01 03:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Status
Not open for further replies.